Saturday, October 27, 2012

7 Up Biscuits

I made these up to go along with the main dish I made (Goulash - Boerema style) when we hosted our small group this past Sunday evening.  I was surprised at how easy they were to whip up. I found the recipe on the Monster Momma blog. I'm lacking pictures from this recipe as well as the other two recipes from that evening due to being short on time and not being able to take as many as I would have liked!




Ingredients:
2 cups baking mix (I used bisquick but plan on doing these again completely from scratch)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup 7 up
1/4 cup melted butter

Note: I actually doubled the recipe and made two double batches (didn't want to put all 8 cups of flour in my mixer) which made two 9x13 pans of THICK biscuits.

Steps:
1) Cut sour cream into bisquick mix. I did this in my stand mixer. 
2) Add 7 up, using dough hook. (not sure if its necessary but the first batch I did wasn't as fluffy and that was the only thing I did different - I think). 
3) Once mixed, original recipe calls for you to pat it out on the counter. I skipped this step
4) Pour melted butter into 9x9 pan (9x13 for double batch) then place dough over top of butter. 
5) Using a sharp knife, cut into sections (as large or as small as you want your biscuits).
6) Bake in oven at 450 for 12-15 minutes (until golden on top, I think mine took a little longer)

Synopsis

Biscuits were really moist and fluffy and tasted really good. I'm not usually a huge fan of biscuits but these were really tasty. Per Andrew's request, I'm sure we'll make them again sometime. We just don't normally have 7 up in the house so its a special purchase so I'm not sure how often we'll have them.

Andrew's Rating: 5 out of 5
"those were REALLY good!" 

Becki's Rating: 4 out of 5
They were really good, but not role on floor good ;)




For those interested in the goulash recipe, I don't have a picture but here is what it takes...

Ingredients:
1 box of elbow pasta
1 jar of Ragu (pasta sauce)
1 lb of ground beef
1 can of mushrooms

Steps:
Brown your ground beef. 
Add a little all seasoning salt & minced onion if you like. 
Add mushrooms into meat when almost finished.
Drain the grease off the beef.
Meanwhile, have the noodles going (per directions on the box)
Once meat and noodles are done, combine into large pot, add ragu, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post comments that may be considered rude or offensive.