Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Taco Sauce

It's been a while but I'm still around. Super busy trying to get the house sold though so I'm low on time. I did however try my hand at making taco sauce! I was making the amazing burritos I posted previously and realized I didn't have any so I went out searching and found a recipe at Terri's Kitchen blog. and it was awesome.



Please feel free to ignore the mess around and enjoy this great recipe that is super easy to make and WAY cheaper than buying it in a bottle. Especially if you consider that (at least for me) 1/2 the bottle ends up going bad in the refrigerator.

Ingredients:
1 can tomato sauce
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp  onion powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce

Directions:
Combine everything! SUPER easy right?
Original instructions say to wait 30 minutes to let the flavors marinate together but I just used it and it was great.

So, as for cost, you've got like $.35 in the can of tomato sauce (I think), cumin, onion powder, and garlic powder are all $.99 per large jar at aldi. Oregano and the worcestershire sauce are probably the big expenses but I already have them in the house generally.  Still FAR less than spending $2-3 on a bottle of the stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post comments that may be considered rude or offensive.