Thursday, January 23, 2014

Texas Beef Stew

Whoot, two new recipes in the same week! I'm on a roll. This one has been a long time in the making but I finally got around to doing it... aka, beef stew meat was on sale. I'm not sure why this was considered a frugal meal other than it makes a ton I'd lump it in with an average costing meal. I found this recipe originally here but have adapted it some.





Ingredients:
1-2 lbs of beef tips (I think I used 1.5 lbs)
1 can (14oz) tomatoes (I use petite b/c we don't like big tomatoes)
1 can (10.5oz) beef broth
8-16oz salsa (I used about 12oz I figure)
1 bag whole kernel corn
2/3 bag of baby carrots
*the next two ingredients were not measured, the small picture above shows roughly how much I used**
Minced Onion (you could use a whole onion)
Garlic Powder (calls for 2 cloves)
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup flour

Directions:
Combine all ingredients except water and flour into your croc pot.
I cut the baby carrots in quarters to make them smaller for Austin
Set croc pot on high for 3-4 hours until meat is tender
Mix water and flour together then add to stew
Cover again and cook for another hour until stew has thickened

We loved this recipe and it was super easy to make and made a lot. The original recipe called for mexican stewed tomatoes which probably would have added a little more spice but I didn't have those and I'm not a super big fan of anything two spicy but is an option for those that do enjoy it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post comments that may be considered rude or offensive.