Sunday, January 20, 2013

Mexican Style Chicken Salad

Photo from source listed above

Ok, I came across this on pinterest today and just had to try it. I'm not sure if it has an official name or recipe as the pinterest source was just a blog picture on foodpicsgo.com (http://foodpicsgo.com/?p=1640), so I did my best measuring out and came up with this:

Ingredients:
1 can chicken
1/2 can black beans
1/2 can corn
2 service spoon scoops of pureed salsa (pureeing is optional but I don't like chunks)
*Avocado (I didn't use this so I have no idea how much to suggest)

Directions:
Drain chicken, add to bowl, shred with fork
Drain and rinse beans, add to bowl
Drain corn, add to bowl (I used frozen)
Add scoops of salsa
Mix well
Serve in tortilla shells



Tips: Andrew added cheese and thought lettuce would be nice as well but we didn't have anything. He felt that there were too many mushy textures. He also added crushed tortilla chips to his.

Overall:
I really liked it as described above and will definitly be making it again. Its a super quick and easy lunch idea. Andrew likes it as well, but says it requires something crunchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post comments that may be considered rude or offensive.