Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Teriyaki Stir Fry

I'm back (sorta) from my hiatus. My laptop is broken so updating has been rather cumbersome. I've kept track of most of the items I have done the past few weeks but don't know if I'll get around to going back through them and getting them posted but I'll do my best and hopefully get at least the good ones up.

This isn't an actual recipe... as much as a cheap meal I happened across and in this house, that's just as good. Given that its super quick and easy is another bonus on nights where we are pressed for time.

Ingredients:
2 lb 5oz Bag of stir fry vegetables with sauce packet & noodles (found at aldi for $3.49)
2 pieces of chicken (I used frozen, maybe $2 worth)

Note: You could make the mix yourself using approximately 2 bags of stir fry vegetables, thin pasta (broken up), and 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce. It might save you $.50-$.75 but I'm not a fan of most stir fry veggie mixes so I'm sticking with this one.

Directions:
1) Heat up oil in a frying pan
2) Cut the chicken into bite size pieces or strips (I did pieces)
3) Fry the chicken in the oil until cooked (about 5 minutes)
4) Add the vegetables/noodle mix, fry until tender (about 5 minutes).
5) Add sauce mix and continue for about 5 minutes
6) Serve

You'll have to excuse the mess... there is a TON of
food to try and keep in the pan!

Synopsis:

We all really liked this meal, including Austin. He eats the red peppers first! So, with it getting approval from everyone this is definitely going to become a staple meal here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post comments that may be considered rude or offensive.