Sunday, November 4, 2012

Egg "McMuffin" Eggs

I've been looking for some things that I can make for breakfast and continue to eat throughout the week, quickly. Most mornings I don't get around to eating until Austin is down for his nap because I can't follow him around with a bowl of cereal so when I saw that you could bake eggs I thought it was fantastic! I could make enough for a whole week, even if Andrew pilfered a couple.



Ingredients: 
12 Eggs
All seasoned salt
Oil/Butter/Non stick spray

Steps: 
1) Grease muffin pan compartments
2) Crack 1 egg into each compartment of the muffin pan.
2) Break the yoke a little (you could leave them as is, or scramble them too).
3) Sprinkle with the seasoning salt.
4) Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

I made up sandwiches with them this morning. English muffin (toasted), slice of cheese, 2 slices of turkey bacon, and 1 egg.

Store in the refrigerator or freeze the leftovers.

Price Breakdown:
$.29 for english muffin & slice of cheese
$.10 - $.12 for each egg

Given that the dozen eggs I used this morning were free (Target Grand Opening Coupon)... I have some really cheap breakfasts coming my way this week!

Synopsis:

They aren't anything super special, just an easy way to make a bunch of eggs all at once. Andrew said it was a little hard getting it out of the muffin pan but that could be due to its age or the grease option I chose (oil). I'll definitely do them again but will probably use butter to grease the pan next time.


Side note: Don't forget to subscribe via email if you want to get the blog updates sent to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post comments that may be considered rude or offensive.